Monday, April 23, 2007

Sometimes in life there are things that you just don't want to do because of how impossible they seem. I've been dragging my way through a full time job while taking classes at college so I can get my degree. Finally, when I realized that I was sabotaging myself and my success by taking a few classes here and there, I decided to go all out in order to finish. Instead of taking the one or two classes like I usually do, I am taking six this summer. Why does this seem impossible? For one reason I am not cutting any of my hours at work. In fact my hours may increase because of the lack of staffing. The second reason is that I'm a ex-procrastinator who sometimes falls back into his old ways. And because I use to chronically put things (especially difficult things) off until a later date, the classes I'm taking are among the hardest that are required. I hate coming up short in anything I do, and I don't plan on just making it through the semester. I want A's and B's. In order for me to make through this grueling summer I have to remove all distractions. Its also going to require an enormous amount of discipline. Because this is going to be a big step toward my goals in the future I will be posting a series of blog tracking my progress. Three months is a long time especially when you are working every second of it. Class starts May 7 2007. later

No comments: