Sunday, August 5, 2007

Take the Time

I usually use a part of my Sundays to reflect a little on my life. It is a ritual that I've been doing for about 5 years now. I just got back from a park near Downtown and I took the time to meditate and pray and really think about success and life. Now I feel rejuvenated.

Everything in our society these days is aimed at keeping you moving. Everything is promised to be faster, easier, and more convenient so that nothing stops you from moving. But have you ever wondered why you are moving to begin with? Because you have a Speedpass on the expressway and one of those credit cards that you don't have to swipe, you have an extra 45 seconds to spare right? Most likely you don't. What I'd like you to do this week is to set aside 60-90 mins. I suggest that it is out of the house and away from any distractions. Instead of thinking of what you have to do or what you want to get, I'd like you to think about what you already have and what you've already done. Then start thinking about what you want. Now I don't just mean a car, job, or house. You can start off with that if that is better for you but I'd like you to go deeper than that. Think about the kind of parent you want to be remembered as. Think about how you want others to perceive you. Let your mind wonder and journey to the place in your mind where who you are and who you want to be meet.

The most important part of this is to let go. Do not think about why you can't do something or any failures that you've experienced. Doubt, fear, regret,or anything like that cannot be present. Taking the time to refresh your mind is very beneficial. The more you practice it the more effective it will be. Clarity of your mind can be achieved in a world that tries to cloud your thoughts, but you just have to take the time.

No comments: