Sunday, August 5, 2007

You Are Capable

Now that school is over I've got a lot of time on my hands. I want to stay active so that my mind doesn't get lazy. I plan on writing more articles, going to networking meetings, and promoting potential2success.com. Your mind is a sophisticated machine. If you feed it and exercise it it grows. I learned that first hand this summer when I juggled so many things at one time. I think taking 6 classes, working, and building the website all at the same time was one of the best things I ever could have done for myself. The reason is that I forced my to exactly what it is capable of doing.

I mention before that I prepared myself for the semester by organizing my planner so that I would not forget a due date or something I had to do for the site. But for the entire Summer, I did not even look at the planner. Not one time! Our minds are capable of handling what we think it can't. Don't get me wrong, I like planners but I think they come in handy when you are trying to reach long term goals. When we rely on them to handle, store, and basically run our days for us, we are limiting the potential our minds have of doing all of that and more. So now I'm looking at everyday things in my life a little differently. Because the planner was a crutch that made me believe my mind wasn't strong enough to remember every homework, project, and paper due date. As well as the entire 5 Year Preformance Plan that I presented to my department. Along with all of the links I had to fix, advertising programs I had to register for, and writers I had to email.

That makes me wonder what else in my life is a crutch? How else am I limiting my ability? How are you limiting your ability? Is there something in your life that you think you can't do without but is actually limiting your potential? Try doing without caffeine for a while and find other ways to gain energy for your body. Try going without watching TV and find other ways to learn and stay entertained. What you will gain will be much more valuable than what you gave up.

No comments: